Salem Symphony’s Composer Competition
Commissioning America's best orchestral works from composers of all ages.
The Salem Symphony is calling for compositions of all types, with openings in three different categories of orchestral works. All compositions must be submitted by November 1, 2017 for consideration.
Winners of each category will receive a $500 cash prize, round trip airfare and hotel accommodations for rehearsals and concert dates, a performance of their work on stage with the Salem Symphony, and a professionally mixed and mastered recording of their work taken from a performance.
Contestants may enter as many times and in as many categories as they wish.
$50 per entry.
All compositions will be judged by an esteemed panel of industry leading composers, orchestrators, conductors, and musicians. Open to all U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States.
- Overture / Symphonic Poem
- Concerto (Solo Pieces w/ Full Orchestra)
- Symphony (Large Orchestral Works)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5-minute audio excerpt of original composition
- Full recording of same original composition (or MIDI file)
- PDF version of the score of same composition
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal permanent resident status
- Resume / list of previous works and performances
For questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org